Sunday, November 9, 2008

Scott's Letters Home-MemorableComments




October 9, 2008 - From Scott's first letter to arrive home on 10/12/08

"Mom & Dad - So this was the big day! My first FULL day @ the MTC! It was fun but challenging! Already I miss everyone and think of you when I have time, (time...what's time?) HAHA. From 6:30 am to 10:30 pm is planned for me and I am constantly working. The food is pretty good. THEY HAVE Barq's!! It's great, now I know I will be gaining weight! My companion is Elder Ivey. He is a great person and is very spiritual (which is probably good for me!). The classes are very long but they are fun! My teachers are great! Man O Man, the MTC is a little Hidden village! People everywhere! And they have everything anyone would need and its a great place. Its hard to look @ the mountains though because when I start thinking about home. I look at the family pictures all the time! THANKS for all you do! I love you so Much! You are such a big support for me.

The zone leader came into our room and said...."If you don't feel like smiling, smile until you do!" I thought that was a pretty cool statement! Well I better go! Have a great week! Here's a gift I can afford..... (Scott then did a pencil rub of his missionary tag which reads;

ELDER AUSTIN
LA IGLESIA DE
JESUCHRISTO
DE LOS SANTOS
DE LOS ULTIMOS DIAS

LOVE YOU ALWAYS!
ELDER AUSTIN
PS-Also, THANK YOU for the wonderful letters! They were very helpful for my first couple of days and I know they will continue to help me throughout my mission! Gracias!
Love, Elder Austin

No comments: